It’s time to check your fridges. Sargento Foods Inc. has just issued a massive recall of seven cheeses due to a potential contamination from listeria monocytogenes. The company confirms no illnesses have been reported yet.
Listeriosis is a serious infection contracted by eating food contaminated with bacteria. An estimated 1,600 people get infected each year—and about 260 die. The bacteria is most harmful to pregnant women, newborns, adults aged 65 or older, and people with weakened immune systems.
The company has promised reimbursements for their customers, so if you purchased on of their cheese brands in the USA, you can call 1-800-CHEESE or write an email to them. For more information, we suggest visiting Sargento Foods’ website which has the details on the affected cheese types.
THE RECALLED PRODUCTS INCLUDE:
- Sargento Ultra Thin Slice Longhorn Colby
- Sargento Chef Blends Shredded Nacho & Taco Cheese
- Sargento Slice Colby-Jack Cheese
- Sargento Slice Pepper Jack Cheese
- Sargento Chef Blends Shredded Taco Cheese
- Sargento Off The Block Shredded Fine Cut Colby-Jack Cheese
- Sargento Off the Block Shredded Fine Cut Cheddar Jack Cheese
No other Sargento branded products were affected by this recall.
Please share this information with your family and friends.